The Ray Downey Courage and Valor Award commemorates the life and career achievements of Deputy Chief Ray Downey, who lost his life while commanding rescue operations at the World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001. Deputy Chief Downey was chief of rescue operations and a 39-year veteran of the Fire Department of New York. He was the most highly decorated firefighter in the history of FDNY.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
*Nomination Form Available Soon
The nominations for the George D. Post, Instructor of the Year Award are now open! The Post Award is presented on the main stage at Fire Department Instructors Conference-FDIC in Indianapolis, Indiana. The winner will receive free transportation, lodging and registration to the conference. You don't have to be a nationally known speaker to win the award.
If you know an instructor who's gone the extra mile, then do the same for them! Any instructor who is working hard to make their firefighters safer, they could be the winner! *Nomination Form Available Soon.
The Fire Engineering / ISFSI George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training. The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award...
• will have displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training;
• will have advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness and safety;
• will have gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
• will have brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs,or will have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program; and
• will have served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters throughout the country.
The George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award marks individual accomplishment. Therefore, while members of an instructional team or ad hoc training group, for example, will be considered. Nominations in the name of a fire department or training academy are not eligible.
April 20-25, 2015
April 18-23, 2016
April 24-29, 2017
2015 HANDS-ON TRAINING EVOLUTIONS - TBA
2015 PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS - TBA
2015 CLASSROOM SESSIONS - TBA
2015 INSTRUCTOR BIOGRAPHIES - TBA
2015 SHUTTLE SCHEDULE - TBA
SPECIAL EVENTS - TBA
H.O.T.® LIABILITY WAIVER (PDF)