The Fire Engineering/ISFSI George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training.
The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award will have:
- Displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training
- Advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness and safety
- Gone above and beyond the call of duty in training
- Brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs, or will have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program
- Served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters throughout the country