Must Read: All Hands-on Training Students PPE Requirements
PPE/SCBA Requirements for Hands-on Training
All hands-on training students must bring their own NFPA-compliant bunker or technical rescue gear. FDIC International does not supply personal protective equipment (PPE). The requirements vary depending on the classes. FDIC SUPPLIES ALL SCBAs. DO NOT BRING YOUR SCBA. If you are in an IDLH class, a link will be sent to you for SCBA Fit Testing scheduling. The PPE requirements per class are listed below.
The following classes require full bunker gear, which includes NFPA-compliant turnout coat and pants, helmet, hood, firefighting boots, and gloves.
Fire Tactics for Limited Staffing Live Fire!
- Flashover and Modern Fire Behavior Training Live Fire!
- H.O.S.E.: Hoisting, Operating, Stretching, Estimating
- Live Fire: Critical Actions for First-Arriving Crews Live Fire!
- Nozzle Forward (extra knee pads recommended)
- Operate in the Flowpath by Flowing and Going Live Fire!
- Residential Primary Search: Making the Grab
- RIT Under Fire Live Fire!
- The Intelligently Aggressive Search Live Fire!
- Truck Company Essentials: Beyond the Academy
- Vent-Enter-Search Down and Dirty Live Fire!
The following classes can accommodate bunker gear or technical rescue gear. Technical rescue gear includes jumpsuit or two-piece rescue gear specifically designed for recue and extrication duty, OSHA and/or ANSI-compliant helmet (hard hat), steel-toed boots, ANSI-compliant eye protection, and gloves.
- Active Shooter Response for the First-Due Company
- Advanced Vehicle Extrication
- Conventional Forcible Entry: The “Keys to the Job”
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Response
- Elevator Emergency Management-Operations
- Heavy Vehicle Extrication
- Man vs. Machinery
- Modern Extrication: Overcoming the Challenges of Change
- Tower Rescue
All students are required to submit the FDIC HOT Liability Waiver signed by the chief of their fire department.
Buses will load promptly at 6:30 AM except for RIT Under Fire, which must stage at 5:45 AM for prompt bus departure at 6:00 AM. All HOT attendees should be at the convention center no later than 6:00 AM.
No personal vehicles of any kind will be allowed at any HOT site due to space restrictions at many of the sites.